As the hub for international student services and programs, Laurentian International’s staff will answer questions, make recommendations, and help students to navigate the processes and protocols required for international study in Canada. They can also fill you in on the numerous opportunities for Laurentian students to study abroad and gain valuable international experience while earning credits.
You are now in the main content area
Your preparation guide for international students.
International Students Checklist
- Accept your offer. See your Applicant Portal for further instructions
- Pay the $2,000.00 tuition deposit by visiting our website:
Choose Flywire, our preferred payment method for international students.
- Make sure you have all the documents you need to enter Canada.
View a list of what you need here.
- Find a place to live.
- Make your travel arrangements
- A free airport pick-up can be arranged by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require the following details: Your Name, Student Number, Flight Number, Date of Arrival, Time of Arrival, Destination (Residence on-campus, Hotel or Home Address)
- Housing arrangements. Refer to page 5.
- Get to know Canada. Learn and explore before you arrive here:
- Check your Laurentian email account every day as this is how we will get in touch with you!
- Attend the International Student Orientation.
- Open a Canadian bank account, get a Canadian cell phone or SIM card. We will help you with this at the International Student Orientation.
- Get your Laurentian student card at the myLaurentian Hub (first floor of the Parker Building). Register for your courses.
- Contact our academic advisors to get help with registering for your courses email@example.com.
- Buy your textbooks in our Bookstore online.
- Verify your student account balance on Webadvisor and pay your tuition fees using Flywire.
- (Optional) Get an Ontario Photo ID card so that you can leave your passport safely at home.
- Prescription medication for the first few months of your stay in Canada.
- A sufficient amount of travel/health insurance coverage to cover you before you start your studies.
- Canadian currency to cover your expenses for the first few days in Canada ($500-$1000 CDN CASH).
- A credit card. Contact your bank to confirm that your credit card will work in Canada. Please note: Tuition cannot be paid by credit card.